Drawing lots for residential places only for new students in the 2019/2020 winter semester
Augsburg Student Services draw lots for residential places for the 2019/2020 winter semester for students who are starting their studies at a university in Augsburg for the first time. The draw lots will take place from the 19th of August until the 13th of September.
Prerequisites for participating in the draw are:
- Submission of the online admission application with the necessary proofs at least 2 days before participation
- Parents do not live in the Augsburg public transport (AVG) area, or in communities registered in the official map of the city of Augsburg.
- each applicant can only participate once
- If you win, the deposit must be paid directly in cash or by EC card.
- A direct debit authorization (SEPA) must be available on the day of the draw
- Due to the above-mentioned requirements, participation is only possible in person in the office of the housing administration.
Procedure of the room raffle:
- First please check all the above requirements and apply via the link above.
Afterwards come personally to the office of the apartment administration to take part in the room raffle.
- Please choose a day in the above mentioned period and come to the office of the apartment administration during our opening hours.
- There you will receive a ticket number and you will immediately know whether you have won with this number.
- If this is the case, you will receive a rental contract on the same day for up to 6 or 7 semesters - depending on the student residence - in one of the student housing complexes of the Studentenwerk Augsburg. You can choose one of the currently available rooms.
- An immediate cash payment of the rent deposit (depending on the residence and room size from 250,- € to € 400,- €) is required.
- Payment of the monthly rent is only possible by direct debit from a German current account. For this you must inform us of your bank details on the day of application. If the rent is to be debited from another account, please have a direct debit authorisation signed by the account holder ready, which you can find here.
The legal procedure is final.